How can judges use text messages in court?
In some cases, judges are able to use text messages as evidence in family law proceedings. Here are some commonly used ways that judges will consider text messages:
- To determine the nature of the parents relationship
- To determine the type of relationship between a parents and a child
- To determine how much credibility to assign to one spouse or another
- To determine the views of a parent on a variety of issues
- As evidence of anything discussed in the text message